BIG CHANGES FOR THURSDAY GAMES STARTING NOVEMBER 30!
To provide more time and support for learning in the Thursday mentoring game, the following changes will take place startng on Thursday, November 30:
- Fewer boards will be played each round: (18-21 instead of 24-28).
- Each round will allow more time for players to finish and discuss hands.
North/South pairs will include as North a more experienced player with teaching experience, if possible. He/she will go over some of the hands after they’re finished to help learners with their bidding and play.
NOTE: Current partnerships can continue to play together and will usually sit East/West, unless asked by the director to sit North/South. Guaranteed partners will still be available for players with 0-300 MPs. Please contact Director Gary Chaney with any questions.
LARRY COPLIN, LARRY O’MALEY, AND JOE SHULL TO JOIN FWDBC BOARD
Since there were only three nominees for three open board positions this year, these three will automatically begin their terms as board members in January, 2024.
UPCOMING PKBA SEMINAR TOPICS FOR CLUB PLAYERS
Each two-hour seminar, given monthly on Tuesdays 10-noon and repeated Wednesdays 10-noon, focuses on a single topic. Tuition is free for $50+ donors to PKBA or $5 for others. No advance registration needed.
- OVERCALLS taught by Gary Chaney on Tuesday, November 14, and repeated on Wednesday, November 15
- 2nd HAND PLAY taught by Gary Chaney on Tuesday, December 12 and repeated on Wednesday, December 13
PARTNERS GUARANTEED FOR TUESDAY GAMES
OTHER CLUB NEWS
SWISS TEAM GAMES MONDAY, NOVEMBER 20, DECEMBER 4, & 18
CEDAR CREEK GAMES
Cedar Creek games are 6 PM Saturdays twice monthly and once in December. Games are open to anyone with fewer than 2000 masterpoints. 0-299 partners are guaranteed! To learn more, see attached.
TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THE FREE THURSDAY MINI-LESSONS
Mini-lessons are again being taught before all Thursday games from 12:15-12:45PM. Lee Baatz, Joe Kohne and Joe Shull will teach on various topics. See who is teaching on what topic on each month's calendar. Note that guaranteed partners for 0-300 MP players continue for the Thursday games.
1st & 3rd Mondays of the month 1 PM
Tuesday 1 PM
Wednesday 1 PM
Saturday 6:00 PM
Are your phone/email listed? Do you want them to be?
The FWDBC maintains several lists based on player preferences. If you would like to be added to OR removed from any of the lists below, please contact: [email protected].
- Those on our email list receive a monthly email of club news, including rank advancements, and occasionally are sent other timely news or announcements.
- We maintain a directory of player telephone numbers and email addresses for players’ use only--this directory is available at the club but not published online.