LONGEST DAY 2022 A BIG SUCCESS--WE RAISED $20,000!
Thanks to all who came to play at our June 22 fundraiser, donated, bought raffle tickets, or bid on auction items—and to Nancy Love’s crew who made and sold purse-size tissue holders. Thanks also to the Planning Committee (from left to right: Amy Kelly, Eddie Bower, Barb and Bob Gasser, and Judy Nelsen).
With a generous grant from the Rifkin Family Foundation and donations made after June 22, together we’ve raised more than $20,000 for the Alzheimer’s Association’s research and free services in Indiana! If anyone still wants to give, you can bring a check (made out to the Alzheimer’s Association) to the club before the end of July, or donate online at: http://act.alz.org/goto/FWBridgeLongestDay
Thanks to our Longest Day 2022 Donors:
The Chaffee Family Foundation
The Chapman Fund
Bob & Barbara Gasser
Robert & Sharon Graber
Bob & Kim Grant
The James Foundation
The Rifkin Family
Foundation on behalf of
Martin & Judy Rifkin
The Tippmann Family Fund
Thanks to our Longest Day 2022 Auction Donors:
Baker Street Steakhouse
Biaggi’s Ristorante Italiano
Chop’s Steak & Seafood
Club Room at the Clyde
Stan & Dena Davis
DeBrand Fine Chocolates
The Friendly Fox
The Hoppy Gnome
The Oyster Bar
PLAYERS MUST BE VACCINATED IN ORDER TO PLAY IN PERSON
The FWDBC has reopened for all regular games as has Cedar Creek. In both clubs, all players must be fully immunized against COVID-19 to attend games.
- Every player upon his/her first return to the Bridge Center will be required to affirm that he/she has been fully immunized against COVID-19. People are considered fully vaccinated two weeks after their second dose in a two-dose series, like the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines, or two weeks after a single-dose vaccine, like Johnson & Johnson’s Janssen vaccine.
- Masks and social distancing are optional.
- Hand sanitizer, gloves, masks and sanitizing wipes will be available for any player wishing to use them.
- Until further notice, no food will be served. Players may bring their own snacks.
- Bottled water, soda, and coffee will be available for purchase.
- Please do not attend a game if you have been exposed to someone with COVID within the past five days, or if you are feeling ill yourself in any way.
- The board has designated Gary Chaney, Club Manager as the person you should contact immediately if you test positive for COVID. PERSONAL PRIVACY will be strictly respected. If Gary is the only person the positive-testing player tells, then he will be the only one who knows that person's identity. It is absolutely essential that Gary hears from you as soon as possible, so that all who played in recent games you attended can be notified and be able to take the actions they deem necessary to protect themselves. Gary can be contacted by text, phone or email at:
OTHER CLUB NEWS
NEXT SWISS TEAM GAME MONDAY, AUGUST 15
Get your teams together to register for the Pro-Am Swiss team game at 1 PM, August 15. If you need teammates, contact Director Bob Enyeart (260-438-8571 or Enyeart.Bob@gmail.com) for help. SEE RANKING SYSTEM
CEDAR CREEK GAMES WILL GO BACK TO 6PM
Starting May 21, Cedar Creek games will go back to 6 PM Saturdays twice monthly and once in December. Games are open to anyone with fewer than 2000 masterpoints. To learn more, see attached.
THURSDAY MINI-LESSONS ARE BACK!
Mini-lessons are again being taught before all Thursday games from 12:15-12:45PM. Gary Chaney will teach the first and second Thursdays, Lee Baatz the third, and Joe Kohne the fourth. Topics are on each month's calendar. Note that guaranteed partners for 0-300 MP players continue for the Thursday games.
Third Monday of most months 1 PM
Tuesday 1 PM
Wednesday 1 PM
Saturday 1 PM
Saturday 6:00 PM
Are your phone/email listed? Do you want them to be?
The FWDBC maintains several lists based on player preferences. If you would like to be added to OR removed from any of the lists below, please contact: email@example.com.
- Those on our email list receive a monthly email of club news, including rank advancements, and occasionally are sent other timely news or announcements.
- We maintain a directory of player telephone numbers and email addresses for players’ use only--this directory is available at the club but not published online.
- Players’ phone numbers only are listed online, near the bottom of the Member page..