ENJOY LONGEST DAY BRIDGE GAMES AND PARTY ON JUNE 23!
On Wednesday, June 23, our club will host a Longest Day fundraiser for the Alzheimer’s Association with bridge games and lots of fun for all. Grab a partner and come to:
- Enjoy cheese cake, eclairs and brownies noon-12:30 PM and Cookie Cottage cookies after the game – all while bidding on great auction items!
- Play in special open or 0-499 MP games, both with extra masterpoints!
- Buy raffle tickets ($1 each, 7 for $5) and win up to 10 free games at the club
- Bid on auction items including restaurant gift cards, fine jewelry, wine, a Rene Kart quilt, a customized garden design, bridge lessons for four with Michael Clegg or Judy Nelsen, and much more! AUCTION LIST NOW ATTACHED!
Funds raised by this event as well as by your direct donations will help support the local Alzheimer’s Association’s free services for sufferers and their families. During the pandemic, Alzheimer’s services have continued both on the phone and virtually in our area.
So come to play on June 23 and, if you can, please also donate at our secure site (below) or by bringing a check made out to the Alzheimer’s Association to the club by June 23. Thank you!
WELCOME BACK EVERYONE!
The FWDBC has reopened for all regular games as has Cedar Creek. In both clubs, all players must be fully immunized against COVID-19 to attend games. The details below are in line with current CDC guidelines and protocols:
- Every player upon his/her first return to the Bridge Center will be required to affirm that he/she has been fully immunized against COVID-19. People are considered fully vaccinated two weeks after their second dose in a two-dose series, like the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines, or two weeks after a single-dose vaccine, like Johnson & Johnson’s Janssen vaccine.
- Masks and social distancing are optional, but players may want to continue with these when using the bathrooms or walking in the parking lot.
- Hand sanitizer, gloves, and sanitizing wipes will be available for any player wishing to use them.
- Until further notice, no food will be served. Players may bring their own snacks.
- Bottled water, soda, and coffee will be available for purchase.
- Please do not attend a game if you have been exposed to someone with COVID within the past two weeks, or if you are feeling ill yourself in any way.
OTHER CLUB NEWS
NEXT SWISS TEAM GAME MONDAY, JUNE 21
Get your teams together to register for the Pro-Am Swiss team game at 1 PM June 21. If you need teammates, contact Director Bob Enyeart (260-438-8571 or Enyeart.Bob@gmail.com) for help. SEE RANKING SYSTEM
FWDBC LONGEST DAY EVENT SCHEDULED FOR JUNE 23
See story above!
PHIL EYERMANN IS NEW BOARD PRESIDENT
On May 5, the FWDBC board elected Phil Eyermann as its new president. Prior President Kim Grant will remain on the board, but asked not to continue in the position due to family responsibilities.
Third Monday of most months 1 PM
Tuesday 1 PM
Wednesday 1 PM
Saturday 1 PM
Saturday 6 PM
Are your phone/email listed? Do you want them to be?
The FWDBC maintains several lists based on player preferences. If you would like to be added to OR removed from any of the lists below, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Those on our email list receive a monthly email of club news, including rank advancements, and occasionally are sent other timely news or announcements.
- We maintain a directory of player telephone numbers and email addresses for players’ use only--this directory is available at the club but not published online.
- Players’ phone numbers only are listed online, near the bottom of the Member page..