JUNE 22 LONGEST DAY GAMES, PARTY, MORE!
Plan to attend this year’s Longest Day party on Wednesday, June 22 to enjoy special bridge games, a raffle, and a silent auction with restaurant gift cards and other goodies! Funds raised will help support the Alzheimer’s Association’s research and free services in our local area including a 24/7 helpline, support groups, educational programs, and more. (See attached.)
If you can also donate on our fundraising page or bring a check made out to the Alzheimer’s Association, your help is much appreciated. We’ll need everyone’s participation to reach our 2022 goal of raising $15,000 for this worthy cause. http://act.alz.org/goto/FWBridgeLongestDay
BIG NEWS! ALL GAMES MAY 24-28 AWARD SILVER POINTS!
In a recent change, winners in both sections of all games May 24-28 will be awarded silver rather than black masterpoints as would have been the case before. Enjoy!
FIVE FORT WAYNE PLAYERS WIN 2021 ACE OF CLUBS & MINI-MCKENNEY
Ace of Clubs awards are for Unit players winning the most MP’s in club games compared with others who began the year in the same MP category. Mini-McKenney awards also include points won in tournaments. Winning both awards in 2021 were: Amy Kelly (0-5), Deb Raftree (5-20), Dimi Cooklev (20-50), John Kohne (1000-1500) and Michael Clegg (2500-3500).
THURSDAY MINI-LESSONS TO RESUME IN JUNE
As of June, mini-lessons will again be taught before all Thursday games from 12:15-12:45 PM. Gary Chaney will teach the first and second Thursdays, Lee Baatz the third, and Joe Kohne the fourth. See each month’s calendar for topics. Note that guaranteed partners for 0-299 MP players continue for Thursday games
PLAYERS MUST BE VACCINATED IN ORDER TO PLAY IN PERSON
The FWDBC has reopened for all regular games as has Cedar Creek. In both clubs, all players must be fully immunized against COVID-19 to attend games.
- Every player upon his/her first return to the Bridge Center will be required to affirm that he/she has been fully immunized against COVID-19. People are considered fully vaccinated two weeks after their second dose in a two-dose series, like the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines, or two weeks after a single-dose vaccine, like Johnson & Johnson’s Janssen vaccine.
- Masks and social distancing are optional.
- Hand sanitizer, gloves, masks and sanitizing wipes will be available for any player wishing to use them.
- Until further notice, no food will be served. Players may bring their own snacks.
- Bottled water, soda, and coffee will be available for purchase.
- Please do not attend a game if you have been exposed to someone with COVID within the past five days, or if you are feeling ill yourself in any way.
- The board has designated Gary Chaney, Club Manager as the person you should contact immediately if you test positive for COVID. PERSONAL PRIVACY will be strictly respected. If Gary is the only person the positive-testing player tells, then he will be the only one who knows that person's identity. It is absolutely essential that Gary hears from you as soon as possible, so that all who played in recent games you attended can be notified and be able to take the actions they deem necessary to protect themselves. Gary can be contacted by text, phone or email at:
OTHER CLUB NEWS
NEXT SWISS TEAM GAME MONDAY, MAY 16
Get your teams together to register for the Pro-Am Swiss team game at 1 PM, May 16. If you need teammates, contact Director Bob Enyeart (260-438-8571 or Enyeart.Bob@gmail.com) for help. SEE RANKING SYSTEM
CLUB VACCINATION POLICY UNCHANGED
Based on our recent player survey, vaccination requirements at the club won’t change. But when someone who has played recently reports having COVID, players will be notified both of the date the person played and in which section.
CEDAR CREEK GAMES WILL GO BACK TO 6PM
Starting May 21, Cedar Creek games will go back to 6 PM Saturdays twice monthly and once in December. Games are open to anyone with fewer than 2000 masterpoints. To learn more, see attached.
LONGEST DAY SCHEDULED FOR JUNE 22
Save the date! On Wednesday, June 22, the club will again host a Longest Day event on behalf of the Alzheimer's Association. Funds raised will help support research and services in Indiana for individuals and families coping with this dread disease.
Third Monday of most months 1 PM
Tuesday 1 PM
Wednesday 1 PM
Saturday 1 PM
Saturday 1:15 PM
Are your phone/email listed? Do you want them to be?
The FWDBC maintains several lists based on player preferences. If you would like to be added to OR removed from any of the lists below, please contact: email@example.com.
- Those on our email list receive a monthly email of club news, including rank advancements, and occasionally are sent other timely news or announcements.
- We maintain a directory of player telephone numbers and email addresses for players’ use only--this directory is available at the club but not published online.
- Players’ phone numbers only are listed online, near the bottom of the Member page..