FWDBC’s 2019/2020 Ace of Clubs & Mini-McKenney Awards
The Ace of Clubs award is given to the players in each Unit, one per ranking level, who earn the most master points in club games each year. The rank level you compete in is the one in which you started the year. Only black points count, not those from STAC’s or some special games.
FWDBC winners of the Ace of Clubs awards (competing against all others in the unit) are:
- Michael Clegg – 2019 Ace of Clubs Award in 2500-3500 MP category
- Darrell Culley – 2019 Ace of Clubs Award in 50-100 MP category
- Jackie Kohrman – 2020 Ace of Clubs Award in 5-20 MP category
Mini-McKenney medallions are given to the players in each Unit, one per ranking level, who earn the most total master points during the previous year. All points count except those won in on-line games. It's possible to win either both awards in the same year.
FWDBC winners of the Mini-McKenney awards (competing against all others in the unit) are:
- Kimberly Grant – 2019 Mini-McKenney Medal in 1500-2500 MP category. (Note: Kim has won Unit 154 Mini-McKenney awards for 10 consecutive years in her various categories as she has risen in the ranks.)
- Jackie Kohrman – 2020 Mini-McKenney Medal in 5-20 MP category
0-200 MP PAIRS PLAY FREE THURSDAYS IN SEPTEMBER
If you and your partner each have 200 MP’s or less, you can play FREE in the club’s Thursday 1 PM games during September and possibly longer! This game was started so experienced players ("mentors") could partner with players eager to improve their game ("mentees"). Now we’re also encouraging pairs in which both partners have 0-200 MP's to come and play—for FREE!
Here’s the deal:
- Al pairs where each partner has 0-200 MP’s play FREE in September!
- Scores will be stratified so you can win MP’s by beating other 0-200 MP pairs, or win even more if you score well against mentors playing with their mentees.
- To the degree possible, 0-200 MP pairs will sit E/W with mentor-mentee pairs N/S
- If you wish, when mentors are playing at your table, you can ask their advice on bidding or play to help improve your game.
PLAYERS MUST BE VACCINATED IN ORDER TO PLAY IN PERSON
The FWDBC has reopened for all regular games as has Cedar Creek. In both clubs, all players must be fully immunized against COVID-19 to attend games.
- Every player upon his/her first return to the Bridge Center will be required to affirm that he/she has been fully immunized against COVID-19. People are considered fully vaccinated two weeks after their second dose in a two-dose series, like the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines, or two weeks after a single-dose vaccine, like Johnson & Johnson’s Janssen vaccine.
- Masks and social distancing are optional, but players may want to continue with these when using the bathrooms or walking in the parking lot.
- Hand sanitizer, gloves, masks and sanitizing wipes will be available for any player wishing to use them.
- Until further notice, no food will be served. Players may bring their own snacks.
- Bottled water, soda, and coffee will be available for purchase.
- Please do not attend a game if you have been exposed to someone with COVID within the past two weeks, or if you are feeling ill yourself in any way.
- The board has designated Gary Chaney, Club Manager as the person you should contact immediately if you test positive for COVID. PERSONAL PRIVACY will be strictly respected. If Gary is the only person the positive-testing player tells, then he will be the only one who knows that person's identity. No one else on the Board or in the Club will know. It is absolutely essential that Gary hears from you as soon as possible, so that all who played in recent games you attended can be notified and be able to take the actions they deem necessary to protect themselves.
OTHER CLUB NEWS
NEXT SWISS TEAM GAME MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 20
Get your teams together to register for the Pro-Am Swiss team game at 1 PM September 20. If you need teammates, contact Director Bob Enyeart (260-438-8571 or Enyeart.Bob@gmail.com) for help. SEE RANKING SYSTEM
LONGEST DAY 2021 RAISES $19,000+
FWDBC's June 23 Longest Day event has raised $19,163 for the Alzheimer's Association's research and free services in Indiana. This is a new record for the club and places us fifth in U.S. clubs fundraising for the Alzheimer's Association this year. Thanks to all who gave!
PHIL EYERMANN IS NEW BOARD PRESIDENT
On May 5, the FWDBC board elected Phil Eyermann as its new president. Prior President Kim Grant will remain on the board, but asked not to continue in the position due to family responsibilities.
Third Monday of most months 1 PM
Tuesday 1 PM
Wednesday 1 PM
Saturday 1 PM
Saturday 6 PM
Are your phone/email listed? Do you want them to be?
The FWDBC maintains several lists based on player preferences. If you would like to be added to OR removed from any of the lists below, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Those on our email list receive a monthly email of club news, including rank advancements, and occasionally are sent other timely news or announcements.
- We maintain a directory of player telephone numbers and email addresses for players’ use only--this directory is available at the club but not published online.
- Players’ phone numbers only are listed online, near the bottom of the Member page..