FWDBC AND CEDAR CREEK GAMES NOW OPEN
WELCOME BACK EVERYONE!
The FWDBC has reopened for all regular games as of May 4, with Cedar Creek doing so as of May 8. In both clubs, all players must be fully immunized against COVID-19 to attend games. The details below are in line with current CDC guidelines and protocols:
- All players must be fully immunized against COVID-19 to come to the games. People are considered fully vaccinated two weeks after their second dose in a two-dose series, like the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines, or two weeks after a single-dose vaccine, like Johnson & Johnson’s Janssen vaccine. That means that to play on Tuesday, May 4, you must have received your final dose/shot by April 20.
- Every player upon his/her first return to the Bridge Center will be required to affirm that he/she has met the requirement listed in #1 above.
- Masks and social distancing are optional, but players may want to continue with these when using the bathrooms or walking in the parking lot.
- Hand sanitizer, gloves, and sanitizing wipes will be available for any player wishing to use them.
- The Club has purchased multiple air purifiers to assist with the ventilation in the playing area.
- Until further notice, no food will be served. Players are welcome to bring their own snacks.
- Bottled water, soda, and coffee will be available for purchase.
- Please do not attend a game if you have been exposed to someone with COVID within the past two weeks, or if you are feeling ill yourself in any way.
DO YOU NEED HELP FINDING A PARTNER?
The Board realizes that the pandemic may have been disruptive of some partnerships and of bridge routine. To help in these situations, any player who is searching for a partner for any of the weekly games is asked to please email Gary at email@example.com or text him at 419-438-2175 with your name and the sessions for which you need a partner. For example: Mickey Mouse needs a partner for the Tuesday 0-499 game and the Saturday Open game. Mickey would email Gary with his name and the Tuesday 0-499 and Saturday Open requests. Gary will compile a list of all players and their requests, then send it to the Club’s player list so each player can make his/her own contacts to establish a partnership. The directors will not be responsible for making partnerships. Also, please note that we can no longer provide guaranteed partners for the Tuesday 0-499 game at this time.
OTHER CLUB NEWS
NEXT SWISS TEAM GAME MONDAY, MAY 17
Get your teams together to register for the Pro-Am Swiss team game at 1 PM May 17 when the Bridge Center reopens in early May! Or if you need teammates, contact Director Bob Enyeart (260-438-8571 or Enyeart.Bob@gmail.com) for help. SEE RANKING SYSTEM
FWDBC LONGEST DAY EVENT SCHEDULED FOR JUNE 23
Our club’s 2021 Longest Day event will be held on Wednesday, June 23. It will include afternoon duplicate bridge games with enhanced masterpoints, a raffle, and a great silent auction. Watch for more details soon!
PHIL EYERMANN IS NEW BOARD PRESIDENT
On May 5, the FWDBC board elected Phil Eyermann as its new president. Prior President Kim Grant will remain on the board, but asked not to continue in the position due to family responsibilities.
Third Monday of most months 1 PM
Tuesday 1 PM
Wednesday 1 PM
Saturday 1 PM
Saturday 6 PM
Are your phone/email listed? Do you want them to be?
The FWDBC maintains several lists based on player preferences. If you would like to be added to OR removed from any of the lists below, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Those on our email list receive a monthly email of club news, including rank advancements, and occasionally are sent other timely news or announcements.
- We maintain a directory of player telephone numbers and email addresses for players’ use only--this directory is available at the club but not published online.
- Players’ phone numbers only are listed online, near the bottom of the Member page..