0-200 MP PAIRS PLAY FREE THURSDAYS IN AUGUST
If you and your partner each have 200 MP’s or less, you can play FREE in the club’s Thursday 1 PM games during August and possibly longer! This game was started so experienced players ("mentors") could partner with players eager to improve their game ("mentees"). Now we’re also encouraging pairs in which both partners have 0-200 MP's to come and play—for FREE!
Here’s the deal:
- Al pairs where each partner has 0-200 MP’s play FREE in August!
- Scores will be stratified so you can win MP’s by beating other 0-200 MP pairs, or win even more if you score well against mentors playing with their mentees.
- To the degree possible, 0-200 MP pairs will sit E/W with mentor-mentee pairs N/S
- If you wish, when mentors are playing at your table, you can ask their advice on bidding or play to help improve your game.
THANKS TO ALL WHO HAVE DONATED SO FAR FOR LONGEST DAY 2021
Chapman Family Fund
Don Ayres Honda
Bob & Barbara Gasser
Bob & Kim Grant
Paul & Janet Katz
Paul & Lee Knepper
Jim & Judith McChesney
Dick & Laverne Petersen
The Rifkin Family Foundation on behalf of Martin & Judy Rifkin
Tippmann Family Fund
THANKS ALSO TO OUR AUCTION DONORS
Baker Street Steakhouse
Connolly’s Do It Best Hardware
Stan & Dena Davis
Bob & Barb Gasser
Gold Works (Kris Purcell)
Laura Stine Gardens
Paula’s on Main
WELCOME BACK EVERYONE!
The FWDBC has reopened for all regular games as has Cedar Creek. In both clubs, all players must be fully immunized against COVID-19 to attend games. The details below are in line with current CDC guidelines and protocols:
- Every player upon his/her first return to the Bridge Center will be required to affirm that he/she has been fully immunized against COVID-19. People are considered fully vaccinated two weeks after their second dose in a two-dose series, like the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines, or two weeks after a single-dose vaccine, like Johnson & Johnson’s Janssen vaccine.
- Masks and social distancing are optional, but players may want to continue with these when using the bathrooms or walking in the parking lot.
- Hand sanitizer, gloves, and sanitizing wipes will be available for any player wishing to use them.
- Until further notice, no food will be served. Players may bring their own snacks.
- Bottled water, soda, and coffee will be available for purchase.
- Please do not attend a game if you have been exposed to someone with COVID within the past two weeks, or if you are feeling ill yourself in any way.
OTHER CLUB NEWS
NEXT SWISS TEAM GAME MONDAY, AUGUST 16
Get your teams together to register for the Pro-Am Swiss team game at 1 PM August16. If you need teammates, contact Director Bob Enyeart (260-438-8571 or Enyeart.Bob@gmail.com) for help. SEE RANKING SYSTEM
LONGEST DAY 2021 RAISES $19,000+
FWDBC's June 23 Longest Day event has raised $19,163 for the Alzheimer's Association's research and free services in Indiana. This is a new record for the club and places us fifth in U.S. clubs fundraising for the Alzheimer's Association this year. Thanks to all who gave!
PHIL EYERMANN IS NEW BOARD PRESIDENT
On May 5, the FWDBC board elected Phil Eyermann as its new president. Prior President Kim Grant will remain on the board, but asked not to continue in the position due to family responsibilities.
Third Monday of most months 1 PM
Tuesday 1 PM
Wednesday 1 PM
Saturday 1 PM
Saturday 6 PM
Are your phone/email listed? Do you want them to be?
The FWDBC maintains several lists based on player preferences. If you would like to be added to OR removed from any of the lists below, please contact: email@example.com.
- Those on our email list receive a monthly email of club news, including rank advancements, and occasionally are sent other timely news or announcements.
- We maintain a directory of player telephone numbers and email addresses for players’ use only--this directory is available at the club but not published online.
- Players’ phone numbers only are listed online, near the bottom of the Member page..